“To facilitate the development of confident, proud, self-reliant and creative individuals through involvement in productive activity that contributes to personal, community and national development”.
Definition of Youth
Youth is defined as young people between the ages of fifteen (15) and twenty-nine (29).
- Barbados YouthADVANCE Corps (BYAC)
- Youth Development Programme (YDP)
- Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme (YES)
- Next Steps Training Initiative (NSTI)
- Pathways Employability Programme
- The National Summer Camps Programme
- To harness and channel the energies of youth into the process of nation-building.
- To promote a spirit of entrepreneurship among young people.
- To build harmonious relations between Barbadian citizens and develop a more caring society in the process.
- To create an environment which will promote confidence in our culture, thus equipping the youth to deal more effectively with negative influences.
- To redirect the lives of young people who manifest negative attitudes and dysfunctional social, emotional and behavioural trends.
- Directory of Youth & Community Organizations
- Directory of Governmental & Non-governmental Social Services
- Directory of Higher Education & Training
- School Leavers’ Tracer Survey Report (Annual)
- Bridges – Youth Affairs’ Newsletter
- YES – Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme’s Magazine
- YES Business Directory
- Report on the National KABP Survey on HIV/ AIDS