Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment
Division of Youth Affairs
Anti-Violence Promotion Competition
The Youth Development Programme of the Division of Youth Affairs in the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment is inviting young people 13 to 29 years to create promotional material for its Anti-Violence Campaign (AVC). The promotions will be in two different categories of Visual Art (Poster, Animation) and Performing Art (Jingle, video). The Performing Art entries should be no longer than 30 seconds. Prizes of cellular phones, laptops and tablets will be awarded for the winning entries.
By entering, participants agree to adhere to the competition rules and instructions. Any violation of rules and instructions may eliminate their eligibility. The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment, has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion. There is no fee to enter the competition.
Entries will be judged on quality of design, visual appeal, the message, relevance and ease of reproduction.
1. The competition is open to Barbadian citizens only.
2. The competition is open to youth ages 13-29.
3. The competition is open only to individuals, amateurs, students; no professional design agencies may submit entries.
4. The competition is not open to employees of the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment.
5. Participants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of group size.
6. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
7. Entrants may be required to provide official proof of their age in the form of a copy of their passport or identification card.
8. Late submissions will not be considered.
Competition Guidelines & Criteria:
• Posters/animation must be creative and legible and not smaller than 8.5” x 11.0”. No less than 300 dpi.
• The productions must be creative, reflect positive youth development, engagement, creativity, innovation, advancement, achievement and may include a slogan.
• Productions should be submitted electronically to the Division of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: AVC Promotion - name of applicant by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15, 2020.
• Visual Art entries should be submitted in eps, jpeg and png formats and Performing Arts in MP4 at no less than 720 resolution.
• Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, national registration number, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
• Submissions must be original work, have not been copied from previous designs, including that of participant, and do not contravene the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
• All entries become the sole property of the Division of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Sports & Community Empowerment and may be used for any Division of Youth Affairs’ purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, publication in print and electronic media, broadcast on television or social media, posters, and other materials.
• The Division of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth, Sports & Community Empowerment reserves the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
• All eligible designs will be reviewed by the Division of Youth Affairs’ AVC Promotions Competition Committee and its decision will be final.
Visit the Division of Youth Affairs website at www.youthaffairs.gov.bb, like us on Facebook at divisionofyouthbarbados and follow us on Instagram at divyouth246. You can also contact John Hollingsworth at the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment at 535-3860.